A complied tax flyer containing information to help you understand your bill is available to download and and print on our main Property Taxes & Assessment page.
Your property taxes are determined by three factors:
- The municipal tax rate on your property tax bill, controlled by Council
- The assessment or value of your property, determined by the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC)
- The education rate, established by the Province of Ontario
Please visit this link for a "visual" explanation of your Tax Notice.
Additional or Supplementary Taxes:
Additional or supplementary tax bills may be sent in the following cases:
- If the property was not completely assessed at the time of preparation of the assessment rolls
- If a new building has reached completion or is occupied
- If a property has become taxable
You will receive a notice from MPAC indicating the new value, after which we will issue an additional tax bill.