In an effort to make things more convenient for EZT residents, the Township Office in Hickson is able to assist individuals who require a Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Screening or Pardon Sexual Offence Check. We will assist you to complete the paperwork at the office however, processing will take place at the OPP detachment in Ingersoll. OPP Officers are in our office once a week to pick up applications and drop off completed checks. Individuals must come to the office in person to do the paperwork as well as pick it up in person with photo identification.
Please note that police checks are submitted to the Ingersoll OPP for processing. Our office does not process police checks, and we cannot make any guarantee on processing time. The processing time is dependent on the OPP’s current processing time.
You can also submit your police check directly to the Ingersoll OPP detachment at:
110 Mutual St, Ingersoll ON N5C 1L4
Types of Police Checks
- Criminal Record Check (CPIC)
- Vulnerable Screening (See note *)
- Pardoned Sexual Offences Check (Cannot be completed for person(s) under the age of 18)
* Note: In order for the OPP to conduct a vulnerable persons screening, the organization requesting the vulnerable persons check must complete a letter requesting this check. This letter must:
- Contain an original signature, in blue or black ink
- Be written on the organization's letterhead
- Be submitted in person or by mail since we require an original signature
*Note: The OPP are unable to process Police Checks for individuals under the age of 18 in accordance with the Youth Criminal Justice Act (YCJA) and the Police Record Check Reform Act (PRCRA). Please contact the OPP directly at the Ingersoll OPP office for further information.
The OPP have prepared a sample of the Vulnerable Screening Request Letter for you to look at. It is also available here at the township office.
We highly recommend that you call the township office to confirm that you have the correct documentation!