This is general information for candidates interested in contesting a municipal office. Eligible candidates can run for one of the following offices:
- Mayor (1 position)
- Deputy Mayor (1 position)
- Councillor, Ward 1 (2 positions)
- Councillor, Ward 2 (1 position)
- Councillor, Ward 3 (2 positions)
- Thames Valley District School Board (for the County of Oxford) – 2 Positions (file with the City of Woodstock)
- London District Catholic School Board (for the County of Oxford) – 1 Position (file with the City of Woodstock)
- Conseil scolaire catholique Providence (for the Counties of Oxford, Perth, and Grey) – 1 Position (file with the City of Woodstock)
- Conseil scolaire Viamonde (for the Counties of Oxford, Elgin, Lambton, Haldimand and Norfolk and the Municipality of Chatham-Kent) – 1 Position (file with the City of Sarnia)
Each election, Township Staff prepare a package containing valuable information for those individuals who are thinking about running as a candidate in the municipal or school board election. Below you will find a copy of the information included in the package, including the required forms. Hard copies of the Candidate's package may be picked up at the Township Office.
Forms noted ** must be returned to the Clerk's Office.
Provincial issued Municipal Election Forms also available here.
Candidate Information Night
A Candidate and Third Party Advertiser Information Night was held at the Oxford County Administration Building, 21 Reeve Street, Woodstock on April 26, 2018 at 6 p.m. The Ministry presentation from the Information Night is posted here
Candidate Information Presentation - Intelivote
The Township's contracted voting company (Intelivote) provided a presentation to candidates regarding Internet and Telephone voting on August 16, 2018. A copy of the presentation can be found here.