The Township of East Zorra-Tavistock is seeking applications for the position of Public Works Equipment Operator.
- Maintain Township roads and public property
- Road construction projects
- Respond during/following storms
- Snow and ice removal from roads in winter
- Secondary School Diploma
- Post-Secondary Education in equipment operation, maintenance, construction or a related field
- Practical experience operating a variety heavy equipment such as Dump Trucks, Loaders, Graders, Backhoes
- Experience working on construction sites
- Mechanically inclined, with the ability to maintain equipment and operate wide variety of power and hand tools
- Ability to apply safe work practices
- Minimum Class DZ Driver’s License
This is a regular full-time position, 40 hrs/week and includes a comprehensive benefits package and OMERS Pension Plan. This position is covered by CUPE Local 1589. Pay Rate $24.52/hr ($23.27/hr 3 month probationary period). Follow the link provided for a detailed Job Description. Information regarding this posting can also be found on our website www.ezt.ca/employment
To apply, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume, as a single PDF file, outlining education, qualifications and experience. Applications will be received until 12:00 noon on Wednesday October 12, 2016 and must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for applying and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you wish to check the current status of filling this position, please check the employment page of our website www.ezt.ca/employment
Public Works Manager
Township of East Zorra-Tavistock
90 Loveys Street
Hickson ON N0J 1L0
Phone: 519-462-2697 Ext 230
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Personal information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of candidate selection.
The Township of East Zorra-Tavistock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process, upon request.