With spring sports starting up and school trips upon us, the number of criminal record check requests greatly increases with this season.
The processing time for a volunteer criminal record check is up to 4 weeks. If you know you have any school trips coming up, or are looking to volunteer with an organization this spring/summer please try to bring in your request sooner rather than later to ensure you can have the criminal record check back in time.
Our regular business hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm (closed between Noon- - 1PM). Our office does have extended hours Wednesday April 20th our office is open until 5:30pm.
For a vulnerable sector check we require the following;
1. Two pieces of ID from the following list.
Acceptable Forms of Identification
· Driver's Licence
· BYID (issued by the LCBO)
· Military Employment Card
· Canadian Citizenship Card
· Indian Status Card
· Permanent Resident Card
· PAL - Possession & Acquisition Licence
· CNIB Card
· Ontario Photo ID Card (Issued by MTO)
· NEXUS Card
· FAST Pass
· Birth Certificate
· Baptismal Certificate
· Hunting Licence
· Outdoors Card
· Canadian Blood Donor Card
· Immigration Papers
· Student ID (Only as a secondary piece of ID)
2. Letter from the organization requesting a vulnerable persons check.
* Note: In order for the OPP to conduct a vulnerable persons screening, the organization requesting the vulnerable persons check must complete a letter requesting this check. This letter must:
· Contain an original signature, in non-black ink
· Be written on the organization's letterhead
· Be submitted in person or by mail since we require an original signature
If you have any questions please contact our office at 519-462-2697, or email firstname.lastname@example.org