View Details

The 4th Day of Holiday Fire Safety


Posted in the Announcements page on 12/15/2015 09:00:00 on Tuesday, December 15, 2015.

Make Sure You Have Working Carbon Monoxide Alarms
Carbon monoxide is an invisible, odourless gas that can quickly kill you. Replace any carbon monoxide alarms over seven years old. Installing carbon monoxide alarms in your home will alert you to the presence of this deadly gas.

  • Test your smoke alarms and tell guests about your home fire escape plan.  Ensure they are aware of all exits in your home.
  • Keep children and pets away from lit candles.
  • Keep matches and lighters up high in a locked cabinet.
  • Stay in the kitchen when cooking.
  • Ask smokers to smoke outside. Remind smokers to keep their smoking materials with them so young children do not touch them.
  • Provide large, deep ashtrays for smokers. Wet cigarette butts with water before discarding.
  • Don't drink & drive or let your guests drink & drive.  Make sure you plan ahead and have a designated driver, arrange for a cab or other alternative transportation.

 

.

 |