Volunteer Firefighter Recruitment
**Be Part of the Team**
**Be a Part of the Tradition**
**Be a Part of the Community**
"BE A VOLUNTEER FIREFIGHTER"
Currently, we are taking applications for the Innerkip Station. As part of the recruit drive, there will be an open house on August 17th at 7:00 PM at the Innerkip Fire Station.
Listed below is a short summary of qualifications/expectations to be a volunteer firefighter. If you have reviewed the information, enjoy helping people, appreciate continuous learning, and are physically fit, you may be an ideal candidate for a position as a volunteer firefighter.
- A volunteer firefighter performs firefighting duties and participates in community events as required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- New recruits must be able to attend a recruit training program or provide proof of completion of a training program acceptable to the Township Fire Chief.
- Successfully complete Volunteer Firefighter Recruit Training
- Respond to and work in all types of weather under less than ideal conditions
- Expected to work in a safe manner, in accordance with all applicable Acts, Regulations, Policies
- Carry a pager and respond to emergencies when available
- Attend regular scheduled training twice per month
- Must submit a Township of East Zorra-Tavistock Firefighter application to a District Chief or the Township office
- Must submit a current police check and driver’s abstract upon successful application
- Must be willing to obtain a "D - Z" or equivalent driver’s license at your own expense, within 12 months of being hired
- Must produce a doctor’s physical examination form signed by your doctor upon being successful
- Understand that you are on a one year probation period
- Must obtain permission from employer granting permission to leave to attend fire calls
- Be conscientious and dependable as well as a Team Player
If you are interested in learning more about our Volunteer Firefighter recruitment process, please contact:
Township Fire Chief
519-462-2697 Ext 229