Summer Student - Public Works Department
The Township of East Zorra-Tavistock is accepting applications for One Summer Student position in the Public Works Department.
- Painting, cleaning and maintenance of public works equipment
- Roadside grass cutting
- Assisting with various public works maintenance activities
- Traffic control person
- Assist road employees with construction work
- Enrolled in a post secondary education program and returning to school in September
- A Class G drivers license
- The ability to apply good safe work practices
- The ability to work in a construction type environment
- Experience with small equipment would be an asset
This is a temporary full-time position working 40 hrs/week from approximately May 6th to August 30th 2019. This position is covered by CUPE Local 1589. 2018 Pay Rate $17.37/hr. A detailed job description can be obtained from the Township website. www.ezt.ca/employment
To apply, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume, as a single PDF file, outlining education, qualifications and experience. Applications will be received until 12:00 noon on Friday, March 15, 2019 and must be sent to email@example.com
Public Works Manager
Township of East Zorra-Tavistock
90 Loveys Street
Hickson ON N0J 1L0
Phone: 519-462-2697 Ext 230
We thank all applicants for applying and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information is being collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act 1989, as amended, and will be used for employment assessment purposes only.
The Township of East Zorra-Tavistock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process, upon request.