Township of East Zorra-Tavistock
Public Works Equipment Operator
The Township of East Zorra-Tavistock is seeking applications for the position of a Full Time Public
Works Equipment Operator.
• Maintain Township roads and public property
• Road construction projects
• Respond during/following storms
• Snow and ice removal from roads in winter
• Secondary School Diploma
• Post-Secondary Education in equipment operation, maintenance, construction or a related field
• Practical experience operating a variety heavy equipment such as Dump Trucks, Loaders,
• Experience working on construction sites
• Mechanically inclined, with the ability to maintain equipment and operate wide variety of
power and hand tools
• Ability to apply safe work practices
• Minimum Class DZ Driver’s License
This is a regular full-time position, 40 hrs/week and includes a comprehensive benefits package and
OMERS Pension Plan. This position is covered by CUPE Local 1589.
2020 Pay Rate $26.21/hr ($24.96/hr 3 month probationary period). A detailed job description can be
obtained from the Township website. www.ezt.ca/employment
To apply, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume, as a single PDF file, outlining
education, qualifications and experience. Applications will be received until 12:00 noon on
Thursday October 22, 2020 and must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Works Manager
Township of East Zorra-Tavistock 90 Loveys Street
Hickson ON N0J 1L0
Phone: 519-462-2697 Ext 7830
We thank all applicants for applying and advise that only those selected for an interview will be
contacted. Personal information is being collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of
Information and Protection of Privacy Act 1989, as amended, and will be used for employment
assessment purposes only.
The Township of East Zorra-Tavistock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodations are available
for all parts of the recruitment process, upon request.