Please check the Employment Opportunities section below to see if there are any openings. Another source of employment postings in Oxford County is the Work in Oxford website hosted by Oxford County.
If you would like to receive an e-mail alert when there is a new posting, visit the Keep Me Informed alert signup page.
Recruitment - Part-time/Relief Crossing Guards (Tavistock)
The Township of East Zorra-Tavistock is hiring a part-time School Crossing Guard in Tavistock to be available for back-up to our great team of current Crossing Guards should they need time off for vacation, appointments or illness. A full-time position may evolve at the beginning of the new school year.
If you are dependable, great with children and enjoy the outdoors, this may be the perfect job for you!
The shifts for these various crossings in Tavistock provide coverage for the hours of 8:30 am - 9:00 am and 3:30 pm – 4:00 pm. We currently have 2 crossings guards located at the 5 corners, 1 crossing guard close to the school at the Maria St/Adam St intersection and an additional crossing guard being added at the corner of William St and Adam St.
Mandatory Health and Safety training (paid) as well as a safety vest and “STOP” sign are provided by the Township. If you are interested in earning some extra income without working a full day and having the added bonus of knowing you will not be asked to work during the summer or on holidays, we would love to hear from you.
Resumes can be dropped off to the office in person, mailed or emailed.
Contact information is as follows:
Township of East Zorra-Tavistock
90 Loveys St
PO Box 100
Hickson ON N0J 1L0
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to answer your questions.
Will Jaques 519-462-2697 Ext 225 email@example.com
Sherry Matheson 519-462-2697 Ext 222 firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Firefighter Recruitment
Periodically, the Township of East Zorra-Tavistock Fire and Emergency Services Department actively recruits new Volunteer Firefighters.
Currently, we are taking applications for the Innerkip station.
Listed below is a short summary of qualifications/expectations to be a volunteer firefighter. If you have reviewed the information, enjoy helping people, appreciate continuous learning, and are physically fit, you may be an ideal candidate for a position as a volunteer firefighter.
- A volunteer firefighter performs firefighting duties and participates in community events as required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- New recruits must be able to attend a recruit training program or provide proof of completion of a training program acceptable to the Township Fire Chief.
- Successfully complete Volunteer Firefighter Recruit Training
- Respond to and work in all types of weather under less than ideal conditions
- Expected to work in a safe manner, in accordance with all applicable Acts, Regulations, Policies
- Carry a pager and respond to emergencies when available
- Attend regular scheduled training twice per month
- Must submit a Township of East Zorra-Tavistock Firefighter application to a District Chief or the Township office
- Must submit a current police check and driver’s abstract upon successful application
- Must be willing to obtain a "D - Z" or equívalent driver’s license at your own expense, within 12 months of being hired
- Must produce a doctors physical examination form signed by your doctor upon being successful
- Understand that you are on a one year probation period
- Must obtain permission from employer granting permission to leave to attend fire calls
- Be conscientious and dependable as well as a Team Player
The Township of East Zorra-Tavistock Fire Department’s primary goal is to protect lives and save property. All three departments in the Township are committed to continuous learning and superior customer service. Being a firefighter requires significant commitment from the candidate and their family.
If you are interested in learning more about our Volunteer Firefighter recruitment process, please contact:
Township Fire Chief
519-462-2697 Ext 229
If this is something you are interested in doing, you can pick up an application form from our office or the form is available by clicking this link. Please return completed applications to our office.