Please check the Employment Opportunities section below to see if there are any openings. Another source of employment postings in Oxford County is the Work in Oxford website hosted by Oxford County.
If you would like to receive an e-mail alert when there is a new posting, visit the Keep Me Informed
Employment Opportunity - Tax Collector/Deputy Treasurer
The Township of East Zorra-Tavistock is an agriculturally focused, rural municipality in Oxford County, with a population of 7,000 and 10 Full-time Administration Staff. The Township Office is located in Hickson, just a few minutes north of Woodstock. There is currently an employment opportunity in the Township’s Finance Department for a person with the right mix of knowledge, skills, experience and attitude.
If you are currently an entry or mid-level Accounting or Finance Professional looking for more responsibilities and challenges, this position may be right for you. If you are a finance professional in a field other than municipal government, but with strong knowledge of revenue collection and have interest in Property Taxation, this position may also be right for you. Depending on the preferred candidate’s education, experience and qualifications, there can be some flexibility in immediate requirements for core position responsibilities. The Township is willing to work with the right candidate to develop short, mid and long-term professional development plans and adjust responsibilities accordingly.
Main responsibilities include:
- Property Tax Collection and Billing
- Accounts Receivable, Revenue/Cash Management
- Bank and Taxes Sub-ledger reconciliations
- Assist Finance Manager in a wide range of accounting and finance functions
- Provide general customer service and assistance with a wide variety of Township programs and services
Preferred Attributes and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in accounting or business
- Completion of the CPA and CMTP designations, or actively working towards completion
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication skills, as well as proficiency with Microsoft Office and computerized Accounting Systems
- Ability to work on a wide range of projects concurrently
- A self-starter with the demonstrated ability to continuously learn and assume new responsibilities
- Valid Class “G” Drivers licence
Salary Grade 10-12 ($27.40 - $37.15) and position title will commensurate with eduaction, qualifications and experience. The position is based on a 35 hour work week plus a comprehensive benefit program and OMERS pension plan.
To apply, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume, as a single PDF file, outlining education, qualifications and experience. Applications will be received until 12:00 noon on Wednesday September 5, 2018 and must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Human Resources and Safety Coordinator
Township of East Zorra-Tavistock
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Personal information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of candidate selection. The Township of East Zorra-Tavistock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process, upon request.
Volunteer Firefighter Recruitment
Periodically, the Township of East Zorra-Tavistock Fire and Emergency Services Department actively recruits new Volunteer Firefighters.
Currently, we are taking applications for the Innerkip station.
Listed below is a short summary of qualifications/expectations to be a volunteer firefighter. If you have reviewed the information, enjoy helping people, appreciate continuous learning, and are physically fit, you may be an ideal candidate for a position as a volunteer firefighter.
- A volunteer firefighter performs firefighting duties and participates in community events as required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- New recruits must be able to attend a recruit training program or provide proof of completion of a training program acceptable to the Township Fire Chief.
- Successfully complete Volunteer Firefighter Recruit Training
- Respond to and work in all types of weather under less than ideal conditions
- Expected to work in a safe manner, in accordance with all applicable Acts, Regulations, Policies
- Carry a pager and respond to emergencies when available
- Attend regular scheduled training twice per month
- Must submit a Township of East Zorra-Tavistock Firefighter application to a District Chief or the Township office
- Must submit a current police check and driver’s abstract upon successful application
- Must be willing to obtain a "D - Z" or equívalent driver’s license at your own expense, within 12 months of being hired
- Must produce a doctors physical examination form signed by your doctor upon being successful
- Understand that you are on a one year probation period
- Must obtain permission from employer granting permission to leave to attend fire calls
- Be conscientious and dependable as well as a Team Player
The Township of East Zorra-Tavistock Fire Department’s primary goal is to protect lives and save property. All three departments in the Township are committed to continuous learning and superior customer service. Being a firefighter requires significant commitment from the candidate and their family.
If you are interested in learning more about our Volunteer Firefighter recruitment process, please contact:
Township Fire Chief
519-462-2697 Ext 229
If this is something you are interested in doing, you can pick up an application form from our office or the form is available by clicking this link. Please return completed applications to our office.