Temporary Full-time Public Works Equipment Operator (Winter Operations)
The Township of East Zorra-Tavistock is seeking applications for the position of Temporary Full-time Public Works Equipment Operator (Winter Operations)
Secondary School Diploma
- Post-Secondary Education in equipment operation, maintenance, construction or a related field
- Practical experience operating a variety heavy equipment such as Dump Trucks, Loaders, Graders, Backhoes
- Experience working on construction sites
- Mechanically inclined, with the ability to maintain equipment and operate wide variety of power and hand tools
- Ability to apply safe work practices
- Minimum Class DZ Driver’s License
This is a temporary full-time position working 40 hrs/week from December 1st 2019 until May 1st, 2020. This position is covered by CUPE Local 1589. 2018 Pay Rate $24.46/hr. For a detailed job description click here.
To apply, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume, as a single PDF file, outlining education, qualifications and experience. Applications will be received until 12:00 noon on Tuesday, November 12, 2019 and must be sent to email@example.com
Public Works Manager
Township of East Zorra-Tavistock
90 Loveys Street
Hickson ON N0J 1L0
Phone: 519-462-2697 Ext 230
We thank all applicants for applying and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information is being collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act 1989, as amended, and will be used for employment assessment purposes only.
The Township of East Zorra-Tavistock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process, upon request.
Volunteer Firefighter Recruitment - Hickson and Innerkip Stations
Periodically, the Township of East Zorra-Tavistock Fire and Emergency Services Department actively recruits new Volunteer Firefighters.
Currently, we are taking applications for the Hickson and Innerkip stations.
Listed below is a short summary of qualifications/expectations to be a volunteer firefighter. If you have reviewed the information, enjoy helping people, appreciate continuous learning, and are physically fit, you may be an ideal candidate for a position as a volunteer firefighter.
- A volunteer firefighter performs firefighting duties and participates in community events as required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- New recruits must be able to attend a recruit training program or provide proof of completion of a training program acceptable to the Township Fire Chief.
- Successfully complete Volunteer Firefighter Recruit Training
- Respond to and work in all types of weather under less than ideal conditions
- Expected to work in a safe manner, in accordance with all applicable Acts, Regulations, Policies
- Carry a pager and respond to emergencies when available
- Attend regular scheduled training twice per month
- Must submit a Township of East Zorra-Tavistock Firefighter application to a District Chief or the Township office
- Must submit a current police check and driver’s abstract upon successful application
- Must be willing to obtain a "D - Z" or equívalent driver’s license at your own expense, within 12 months of being hired
- Must produce a doctors physical examination form signed by your doctor upon being successful
- Understand that you are on a one year probation period
- Must obtain permission from employer granting permission to leave to attend fire calls
- Be conscientious and dependable as well as a Team Player
The Township of East Zorra-Tavistock Fire Department’s primary goal is to protect lives and save property. All three departments in the Township are committed to continuous learning and superior customer service. Being a firefighter requires significant commitment from the candidate and their family.
If you are interested in learning more about our Volunteer Firefighter recruitment process, please contact:
Township Fire Chief
519-462-2697 Ext 229
If this is something you are interested in doing, you can pick up an application form from our office or the form is available by clicking this link. Please return completed applications to our office.