The Township of Norwich is seeking applications for the position of a Fire Services
Training Officer. This position will report directly to the Township of Norwich Director of Fire and Protective Services (Fire Chief) and indirectly to the Rural Fire Services of Oxford County (RFSOC) Fire Chiefs. The Fire Services Training Officer will coordinate and deliver all mandatory and non-mandatory volunteer firefighter training programs as directed by the RFSOC Fire Chiefs in accordance with the Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management (OFMEM) guidelines and procedures, and National Fire Protection Association Standards (NFPA). The Training Officer will be responsible for the overall development, delivery, budgeting and invoicing, record keeping and safety of firefighters for all RFSOC training programs. The Training Officer will also be responsible for the training of municipal staff to meet annual training requirements to comply with OFMEM policies and guidelines for municipal emergency management programs.
The position is based on a 35-hour work week and requires flexibility for scheduling due to requirement for nighttime and weekend training programs.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Post-secondary education in adult education (Community College Diploma or equivalent, which may include continuing education) with related technical subject matter expertise and experience
- Training Officer Certification from the Ontario Fire College or NFPA 1041 Fire Instructor Level II
- Certified NFPA 1001 Firefighter Level II and NFPA 1021 Fire Officer II, or OFMEM equivalency
- NFPA 1521 Safety Officer, or OFMEM equivalency
- NFPA 1035 Public Fire Life Safety Educator level 2
- Certified in a recognized First Aid First Responder level
- Completion of Basic Emergency Management course (EM 300 preferred) and exercise design course (EM 225) from OFMEM is preferred
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in Fire Service training
- Effective communication, organization and interpersonal skills with ability to build partnerships and generate consensus
- Must possess and maintain a valid “DZ” Driver’s License, and use of a reliable vehicle for Township business
- Experience in a municipal fire service is preferred
A detailed job description can be found on our website at: www.norwich.ca
Applicants for this position are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter in confidence by mail or e-mail no later than Monday, July 8th, 2019 by 4:00 p.m. to the attention of:
Paul Groeneveld, Director of Fire & Protective Services
Township of Norwich, 285767 Airport Road, Norwich, ON N0J 1P0 519-468-2410, Ext. 236, E-Mail: email@example.com
Personal information collected will be used solely for applicant selection in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. The Township of Norwich is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA), upon advance notice of specific accommodation required.