Babysitter Responsibilities In The Event Of A Fire:
- Keep the safety of the children in mind. Get them to safety.
- No matter how small a fire is, if you see or smell smoke, or detect an odour of gas (smells like rotten eggs), immediately get the children outside and call 9-1-1.
- Don't waste time dressing the children, even in cold weather.
- Wrap them in blankets instead.
- Don't turn on light switches as this may create a spark, ignite gas vapours and cause an explosion.
- Never re-enter a burning building. Smoke and toxic gases from a fire can be fatal.
Contact Information for Babysitters:
Parents can be reached at:
Parents are due back at:
Important information about the children:
Download a printable copy in PDF format
, print it, and fill it out. Be sure to place it in an accessible and obvious location, like on the refrigerator or near the main telephone.